1. Brush & Floss: For healthy teeth and gums – and to avoid time in the dental chair – make brushing and flossing a daily habit. At the very least: morning and bedtime.
2. Use the Right Tools: Get a new toothbrush every few months, and for pity’s sake, don’t get one with hard bristles. They will damage your gums. (Speaking of tools, teeth are for chewing food, not for opening bags of potato chips or pop bottles.)
3. Food for Your Teeth: Eat cheese, chicken and nuts and drink milk: The calcium in these food products strengthen the enamel in your teeth.
4. Don’t Chew Ice. Ever. ‘Nuff said.
5. Floss On the Go: Keep handy flossing tools in your car, purse, wallet or backpack.
6. Keep it Clean: Regular teeth cleaning with a professional hygienist will help prevent tooth decay and keep you smiling your brightest.
7. Be Proactive: Replace your amalgam (mercury) fillings with porcelain fillings or gold onlays … before they cause painful cracks and chipping.
Bonus Tip: It’s all too easy to ignore little issues with your teeth. But these little problems never go away; they just get bigger and bigger.
The sooner you get a problem looked at, the easier – and much less costly – the fix will be. When you think might you have a little problem, have it checked out and taken care of.
To learn more about the proper care and feeding of your teeth, the process and costs of good dental hygiene, and the tremendous benefits of gold onlays – or anything else that’s on your mind about dental care – call our dental office in Forest Grove, Oregon at 503/359-5481 or visit our website at www.TidwellDental.com. Keep smiling!